traumahawk

traumahawk

Sunday, January 22, 2012

H5N1



Hi!!
So here I am for post #2 and even though we have the two big games later today, actually I want to start the day talking about the flu. That's right the flu, not the usual flu or even the pansy swine flu, I'm talking H5N1. H5N1 is picking strength and if it ever becomes pandemic will make the bat+swine flu of the movie "Contagion" look like a mere seasonal cold. While in the movie the dreadful flu had a mortality rate on the 30%, this super flu thus far is scoring on the upper 80s%. I am not a conspiracy theorist at all, and up until very recently I never believed in the end of the world, at least not in the Mayan sense anyways, but this bug is starting to change my mind. I have researched this a lot and have a lot to say, but want to spice your curiosity with an article. Please read it and it will be easier to follow when I talk more about this later.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/757275

Anyways, enjoy the article and the games today, I'm off to bed for a few hours after a long 12 hour shift in our very busy ER, but I wouldn't swap it for anything else :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment